LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE WITH CHRONIC CONDITIONS
This six-week free program aims at helping persons living with a chronic disease and their loved ones, to acquire the skills and the necessary confidence to improve the management of their health condition in their everyday life.
A chronic disease is a health condition that persists for a long period of time. Examples of such condition are diabetes, obstructive lung disease, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, depression, arthrites, etc.
The following subjects are approached during the meetings:
- Goal setting and problem solving;
- Managing frequent symptoms such as pain, tiredness;
- Dealing with feelings such as anger, fear, frustration;
- Adopting good exercise and nutrition routines for maintaining and improving strength;
- Techniques for reducing stress and anxiety;
- Establishing an effective communication with the health care team and the loved ones.
These meetings are conducted by trained and certified volunteers. The meetings are held once a week for six consecutive weeks, for two and half hour. Each group has 10 to 12 participants living with a chronic condition.
Are you interested to be a voluntary leader?
Becominga voluntary leader will allow you to benefit from all advantages of the program while developing skills in group animation. The voluntary leaders training lasts 4 days.
To be participate or to be voluntary in the program,
please contact the program coordinator at your Health and Social Center.
CSSS de la Vallée-d-l'Or
CSSS Les Eskers de l'Abitibi
CSSS du Témiscamingue
CSSS de Rouyn-Noranda
CSSS des Aurores-Boréales
For more information, please contact Céline Hubert, 819 764-3264, ext. 49413 or firstname.lastname@example.org